Thursday, June 12, 2014

Interview with Christian non-fiction debut author April L. Minger

Today's guest is non-fiction Christian author April L. Minger. She's doing a virtual book tour hosted by Write Now Literary for her book, Altars of the Heart: Discovering Your Path to Deeper Worship.

If you'd like to find out more about April after reading this interview, you can see her tour schedule and visit her other stops.

Bio:
April Minger was born and raised in Springfield, Ohio, where she became involved in church at the young age of six. Since her parents did not attend church, she rode a community church bus to attend Sunday school. Although she was only a child, her dedication and commitment to learning the word of God grew strong as she faithfully attended church services; she only missed a few Sundays during the twelve years she attended.

After graduating from high school, April joined the United States Air Force, because she had a strong desire to serve her country and travel the world. Shortly after joining the Air Force, April met and married her husband; they now have been married more than 18 years and have two children.

Over the years, April continued to seek a deeper relationship with God and sought guidance from spiritual leaders in her life. She always wanted to gain a greater knowledge of Scriptures and her thirst for knowledge and understanding of the word of God grew and developed into a desire to teach others as well.

April became more involved in the church community and took on roles such as: youth leader, Sunday School Teacher, Bible Study Teacher and Trainer, and Christian Education Director. April, although geographically separated, remains a faithful member of New Birth Church, located in Pittsburg, California under the tutelage and leadership of Bishop Christopher C. Smith and Lady Adrienne Smith.

April successfully earned her Minister’s License under the guidance of her Pastor, Bishop Smith in 2007. Since that time, she continues to use her gift of teaching to equip the body of Christ through the word of God. April desires to teach with clarity and simplicity, so that all men and woman can gain a greater understanding of the Holy Scriptures, and apply them to their daily lives. She has a desire to see every born again believer experience the victory available to them through Christ Jesus.

April works in the Insurance and Health Care fields, and also has a Master’s degree in Business, graduating with honors, and is a member of the Alpha Beta Kappa Chapter of The National Honor Society. She currently resides in Fort Drum, New York, where her husband serves on active duty as a member of the United States Army.

Welcome, April. Please tell us about your current release.
Altars of the Heart is about how to experience a deeper relationship with the Lord from a pure heart. It takes the reader on a journey of self-evaluation and self-discovery where they are able to understand why the events of their past continue to trouble them in the present. This book is not a cookie-cutter; one-size fits all approach to worship, but rather an individual “guided tour” that helps the reader discover their own path to deeper worship.

What inspired you to write this book?
I was doing a study on the life of Abraham, and that study led to a personal interest in the altars in the bible. Because of this interest, I began to study the meaning and uses of altars in Scripture. My study opened my spiritual eyes to the connection between the altars in the bible and the spiritual heart of man. After doing the study on the altars in the bible and seeing the connection between them and the heart of man, I took my own journey of self-evaluation and self-discovery and after allowing myself to go through the process I knew I had to share. I wanted to share what I had learned and what I was able to achieve in my own walk with the Lord with others in hope of help others.

What exciting story are you working on next?
I believe that I will write a follow-up book to Altars of the Heart that will continue to help readers move forward in the journey process.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I wrote this book because of my desire to share what I learned through personal study. This is not something I ever considered doing before, and I have only just begun to consider myself a writer.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
I write part-time. I am an insurance agent. I set time aside in the evenings and also because of my work I am able to set my own schedule, so I also take off a full day during the week to work on my writing.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I have to have some kind of background noise while I’m writing.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a police officer.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
Keep guard over your heart, we can’t always control what happens in life, but we can always choose how we respond! Don’t let anything, or anyone distant your heart from the Lord!

Social Links:

Buy Links:

Thanks, April!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the interview, and for allowing me to introduce myself to your readers.