Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Interview with life coach Dr. Donna Lee

Today's guest, Dr. Donna Lee, is doing a virtual book tour for her new book The Spirituality Trap.


Welcome, Donna, please tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am a professional intuitive life coach with more than eleven years’ experience. I graduated from Chiropractic school twelve years ago. Once I graduated, I realized that the body can’t heal or hold a spinal adjustment if the mind is not healthy. This discovery caused me to not pursue a chiropractic career. Instead, I chose to become a spiritual intuitive life coach and a mind body practitioner. I am a natural born intuitive and medium.

I learned so much about how human behavior affects our health by coaching thousands of clients. As I continued my practice as a coach, I learned that the only person who can get in our way is our self. We must be willing to have an honest relationship with our self and be willing to forgive and heal whatever pain or beliefs that are blocking us from becoming who we are meant to be. My professional life is dedicated to teaching clients how to stop blocking their happiness. My professional life is dedicated to helping people to learn how to get out of their own way.

Please tell us about your current release and what inspired you to write it.
I wrote The Spirituality Trap because I have had so many clients who feel that in order to be happy that they must not like who they are presently. I have seen so many people become angry and disappointed in their self because they started to look at themselves and the world in a right or wrong fashion. The way that I wrote my book was to reveal our behaviors that do not serve us. Then I stressed that having compassion for our self and others is a more helpful path to happiness. My goal was to liberate a person from non-working behavior such as judgment.

Excerpt:
Compassion for ourselves is about allowing ourselves to feel our emotional pain then validate it so that we can make peace with past issues that have caused us pain. The sad part is that many people try to push down their emotions so that they won’t appear weak. A lot of people try to put issues that hurt them somewhere in the back of their head so that they won’t have to feel those emotions. It does not work. It actually results in more anger and a lack of compassion for our self when we do not acknowledge that we have emotional issues that have affected our happiness.

What exciting book project are you working on next?
My next book will be about relationships. My clients have been asking me to write about relationships. There are so many relationship books on the market which made me want to stay away from writing such a book. I figured that everything that needs to be said about relationships has been written. Then my intuition was pushing me to write a relationship book. It will be called “Dating while wounded, how to let get out of your way of receiving the love that you want and deserve. “I am basing the book on the common issues that my female clients have. It is a book for women. The goal is to teach self-healing through self-awareness. I am now excited for this book. I plan to have it ready to self-publish by the end of August.

When did you first consider yourself a writer? 
I did not consider myself a writer until I self-published my book. I see myself more as a messenger of self-help tools versus a writer. I feel that I am able to write only because of my coaching experience. I wish that I could write a novel or a screen play. I do feel that everyone is capable of writing as long as they write their truth and learn to be creative too. I am a part time writer. I love writing because I love sharing the information that I am learning through coaching. My clients are my greatest teachers. They remind me to stay present with the truth of life.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
My writing quirk is that I always start off with a unique story that has happened to me or a general experience that occurred while coaching clients. I love to tell odd stories that will help me to motive the reader to wonder why I wrote about the story that I chose. Then I follow it up with an explanation I like to bring reality to my writing through life experiences. I want to remind readers that I am writing from personal experience.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was a child, I wanted to be a medical doctor because I felt that it was the best way to be of service to people. I always had viewed medical doctors as healing the sick. I had positive experiences with doctors. I admired them for being smart enough to help people get well. As I grew up, I learned that there are many ways to help people. I leaned towards more natural approaches as I went through school. I enjoy talk therapy because it gives the client a chance to have a moment of awareness through their own words. Writing became an addition to my work as a professional coach.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
The one message that I would want to share with readers is that we are all such powerful people. We should not divide a person into categories that devalues them as people with a purpose. Everyone has a purpose. Our beliefs about our self do determine what we create in our life. Our beliefs inspire our actions which creates an outcome. Never devalue yourself because your world will reflect a life of no value. Always think the best thoughts about yourself but first heal whatever beliefs that are holding you back from being everything that you deserve to be.

Thanks for stopping by, Donna!


No comments: