Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Interview with fantasy novelist Leslie Soule


Leslie Soule is here today as she does a virtual book tour with Goddess Fish Promotions for her novel Fallenwood.

Readers, Leslie is giving away an e-book story to a lucky commentor. Details are below.

Bio:
Leslie Soule lives in Sacramento, California. Fallenwood is her first fantasy novel. She has received her B.A. in English from Sacramento State University and is currently working on her Master’s degree in English at National University.

Please tell us about your current release.
Well, I’m here promoting my novel Fallenwood, a fantasy novel that’s been chosen to be the Read For A Cure book at Decadent Publishing for October. It’s a story I wrote over the course of three years, and it follows the journey of a girl named Ash, as she finds her way into a fantasy world called Fallenwood.

What inspired you to write this book?
A lot of things, really. The main thing was that when my stepfather died, I was a month from turning nineteen years old and it felt like my world had ended. Both my stepfather and I were really interested in fantasy novels, and I started writing as a way of coping, back then.

What exciting story are you working on next?
I’m working on writing the sequel to Fallenwood, bit by bit. I didn’t intend to write a sequel, but now that I’ve started, I feel like I can’t just leave it unfinished.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I really considered myself a “writer” once I got published, truthfully. Before then, I thought of writing as something I liked to do, but wouldn’t consider myself a writer. I don’t know why, it’s just that’s how my mind works, I guess.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
I wish I could write full-time. I work for the State, and try to find time to write when I’m not doing master’s coursework. I find time to write because I like to write on my breaks and lunches.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I have to write everything down physically and cannot write by just sitting at a computer.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A writer, a magician, an artist.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
Yes – I love feedback, good or bad, so feel free to contact me!

Readers, Leslie is giving away one e-book copy of her paranormal story, "The Devil's Bidding", at every tour stop to randomly drawn commenters during the tour. So, follow the tour and comment. The more you comment, the better your chances of winning. Check out the tour dates and stop by other blogs to comment. But start here!

3 comments:

widdershins said...

Wonder we do, what happens to Ash in Fallenwood, hm-mm?

Krysykat said...

I love reading interview.
psst... I wanted to be a magician too when I was younger.

Morganlafey86(at)aol(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Lots of things happen to Ash in Fallenwood. She meets a talking cat, a prince, a jester, and more!